• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

2 Ollantaytambo, Peru, October (1 Viewer)

oleic

hi all
Hear 3 humming birds and one passarine.
Pic 1 and 2 is the same hummingbird.
Thanks for help.

Attachments

• 3W1A0420.jpeg
    3W1A0420.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 26
  • 3W1A0400.jpeg
    3W1A0400.jpeg
    566.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 3W1A0561.jpeg
    3W1A0561.jpeg
    441.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 3W1A9549.jpeg
    3W1A9549.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 28
  • 3W1A0718.jpeg
    3W1A0718.jpeg
    650.2 KB · Views: 29
1+2- Many Spotted Hummingbird
3- White bellied Hummingbird (tail underside difficult to see but overall vibe favours WB over Green and White imo)
4- Trainbearer sp, I think Black-tailed as for me bill seems slightly decurved and not short enough for Green-tailed
5- shot in the dark but White-Browed Chat Tyrant?

Or indeed possibly Cinereous Conebill as per your other thread
If it is one of these 2 it's the cinereous conebill, not the chat-tyrant. We can see an ochre vent area, black malar streaks and a white cap which doesn't really meet on the forehead. The chat-tyrant's does, usually forming a white band and it has a whitish vent. When I saw this I had to check it wasn't a saltator as the facial pattern is quite similar.

In 49, the shape of the throat gorget (rounded) and the quite bright green underparts (not dull, matt green) are better for green-tailed trainbearer. In this part of Peru, Schulenberg et al note the bill lengths of the 2 species are similar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back