• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Last Ollantaytamb, Peru, Octobe (1 Viewer)

oleic

Hi all

1 and 2 same hummingbird. Elliotomyia….
3 Seedeater…
4 and 5 same hummingbird. Elliotomyia….
6 Elaenia…..

Thanks

Attachments

• 3W1A1107.jpeg
    3W1A1107.jpeg
    715.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 3W1A1083.jpeg
    3W1A1083.jpeg
    769.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 3W1A0598.jpeg
    3W1A0598.jpeg
    586.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 3W1A1512.jpeg
    3W1A1512.jpeg
    544.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 3W1A1422.jpeg
    3W1A1422.jpeg
    378.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 3W1A9911.jpeg
    3W1A9911.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 7
Hi Fern

Agree with band tailed seedeater and the white headed Elaenia (not the common one in Ollantaytambo).

The people here in the region mentioned the white bellied is more on open areas while the w&g is more on the closed jungle areas.
But agree. It’s impossible for me to see the difference.

Thanks

Hi Fern

Agree with band tailed seedeater and the white headed Elaenia (not the common one in Ollantaytambo).

The people here in the region mentioned the white bellied is more on open areas while the w&g is more on the closed jungle areas.
But agree. It’s impossible for me to see the difference.

Thanks
I really don't believe these are 2 different humming bird species. I have seen both "forms" in close proximity: the one with green-and-white pattern was with a group of white-bellied and our experienced Peruvian guide said they were all the same species. As far as I can tell, recordings on Xeno Canto are indistinguishable...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back