• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A short tale of the Red-footed Falcon and the ½ eaten pizza! (1 Viewer)

Hi Trevor,

A juvenile would be very fresh, only just fledged, whereas Chris's photos show it has very heavily worn primaries, typical of a one-year old. It'll presumably start moulting very soon.

Michael

Well, there was a big crowd for this bird this evening, maximum at any one time were 8 people! (Big twitch for over here). Chris had this bird down to about 10 feet at one point, Peteh and I were discussing his fate if he didn't get some good shots ;)

Also managed a BF tick, (Ian Morton) think that makes me well into double figures now.

Here are a couple of pictures from when I managed to wrestle MY camera from Chris :)

Attachments

• RFFKSW090704D.jpg
    RFFKSW090704D.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 186
  • RFFKSW090704E.jpg
    RFFKSW090704E.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 204
Thanks Geoff, she really is quite obliging and seemingly not worried by cars/ people (not that it is a major road or highly populated area....)

She was still there up until 9pm. (When I gave up waiting for the sun to return out of the clouds!)
I did manage a few shots though by laying down on the edge of the road and waiting for her to land on a post near me.
Luckily (as Keren says) its not a major road so I wasnt in danger of getting flattened by any passing vehicles!

Attachments

• rff2.jpg
    rff2.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 109
  • rff3.jpg
    rff3.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 126
You're probably all sick of this bird by now.
Tough.
The photo was taken at 5' range this afternoon.

Attachments

• RFF110704sb.JPG
    RFF110704sb.JPG
    25.4 KB · Views: 123
CJW said:
You're probably all sick of this bird by now.
Tough.
The photo was taken at 5' range this afternoon.

No we aint Chris !!

i have to agree with yours and Pete's comments

superb bird !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zeiss 85 scope, Eagleeye 10x lens, Nikon Coolpix 4500

Chris, couldnt find your mobile number otherwise i would of let you know i was coming over ?

Rgds

Paul

Attachments

• Dscn9575web600.jpg
    Dscn9575web600.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 129
  • Dscn9416web600.jpg
    Dscn9416web600.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 137
  • Dscn9551web600.jpg
    Dscn9551web600.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 112
  • Dscn9574web600.jpg
    Dscn9574web600.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 141
Mulled it over friday but did nothing, then decided to make a dash for it two and a half hours before the boat sailed sat morning from heysham and i am in Stockport ;)

Michael Frankis said:
So which zoo did it escape from? :-O

:king:

Michael

Why dont you go over and see if you can tell us ?

Although we were intimate, i didnt get on to speaking terms with the RFF so i struggled to tell the difference ;)

She seems to have found somewhere to hide as I couldnt find her till 9pm today. Which wasnt very nice as I was hoping to get a picture with some sunlight for once.
I did manage one shot in the gloom that has scrubed up ok.

Attachments

• redfootedfalcon13.jpg
    redfootedfalcon13.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 124
Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back