• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A shot in the dark...North East London (1 Viewer)

Are you not contradicting yourself by saying “knowing what I meant”...then saying “it doesn’t make sense?”

Larry if we’re going to focus on the pedanticity of this thread rather than the “matter” then can we use the correct vernacular regarding “ doing my head in”, If you really want gallery/street cred then you might get more mileage from “doin me ‘ed in” it’s got a better ring to it...bit like “Chiff Chaff” the dysillabic call being preferable to Chiffchaff...;)
Fair enough Ken, whatevs
B :)

.......So I can “wind” the pedantics up like you. ;)

... and ...

... Larry if we’re going to focus on the pedanticity of this thread ... rather than the “matter” then can we use the correct vernacular regarding “ doing my head in”, If you really want gallery/street cred then you might get more mileage from “doin me ‘ed in” it’s got a better ring to it...bit like “Chiff Chaff” the dysillabic call being preferable to Chiffchaff...;)

Oh Ken, you put your foot in it every time, even when you are scolding others for being critical of you! In your first quote the word should be pedants (plural noun), whilst in your second it should read pedantics; pedanticity is not even a word - other than in your exclusive vocabulary. To top it off, you spell disyllabic incorrectly! You are truly the 'highfalutin' grand master of the malapropism; its part of what makes your contributions so entertaining!!

RB

... and ...

Oh Ken, you put your foot in it every time, even when you are scolding others for being critical of you! In your first quote the word should be pedants (plural noun), whilst in your second it should read pedantics; pedanticity is not even a word - other than in your exclusive vocabulary. To top it off, you spell disyllabic incorrectly! You are truly the 'highfalutin' grand master of the malapropism; its part of what makes your contributions so entertaining!!

RB

Not “common currency” words in my vocabulary RB and after a glass of wine...well?

Hopefully you didn’t spend too long pouring over the dictionary or perhaps you’re up to speed with spellcheck now?

I understand it goes down well with Countdown and Cocoa.

I’m surprised you got the gist of my post with you being a senior and all that.

Anyway, here’s hoping you’ll soon be well enough to be allowed out by yourself.

It must be difficult using that Zimmer mounted draw tube, but then you being an “old contemptible”...you’ll get by!

TTFN :t:

Last edited:
Not “common currency” words in my vocabulary RB and after a glass of wine...well?

Hopefully you didn’t spend too long pouring over the dictionary or perhaps you’re up to speed with spellcheck now?

I understand it goes down well with Countdown and Cocoa.

I’m surprised you got the gist of my post with you being a senior and all that.

Anyway, here’s hoping you’ll soon be well enough to be allowed out by yourself.

It must be difficult using that Zimmer mounted draw tube, but then you being an “old contemptible”...you’ll get by!

TTFN :t:

Poring Ken, unless you were 'pouring' your cocoa over said dictionary........;)

Poring Ken, unless you were 'pouring' your cocoa over said dictionary........;)

I'm afraid you've got it wrong again...andy!

It was RB leafing through the dictionary with cocoa in hand getting ''tongue tied'' trying to enunciate malapropism with a mouthful of said beverage ''pouring'' out over his dictionary. ;)

I'm afraid you've got it wrong again...andy!

It was RB leafing through the dictionary with cocoa in hand getting ''tongue tied'' trying to enunciate malapropism with a mouthful of said beverage ''pouring'' out over his dictionary. ;)

It's usual to write people names with the use of a captal letter to start ken......

No need for a dictionary Ken, we went to school to learn in my day, home at four to a bowl of gruel for tea and bed at six after a mug of hot water - cocoa far too expensive! Eeee it were tough here up north!

RB

No need for a dictionary Ken, we went to school to learn in my day, home at four to a bowl of gruel for tea and bed at six after a mug of hot water - cocoa far too expensive! Eeee it were tough here up north!

RB

Hot Water and a bowl of gruel...Christ you ‘ad it easy RB. Try going a few days without food/heating in mid Winter then going to school on a 2mile walk through fog with visibility almost zero. Rationing was the name of the game in those days lad, and as for malapropism you know where you can put that!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back