• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A Very cool Hawk... (1 Viewer)

jasonp

I went out three days ago in South Texas and found a very white Red-tailed hawk but didn't have a decent camera. It was such a cool looking hawk, I had to go back out the next day loaded with my Canon 40D and 400mm lens in hopes that the hawk would be maintaining a territory. I went out on the ranch that I had seen it early in the AM and saw it but unfortunately, it was a LONG way off; too far for my 400mm lens. I left the ranch and came back a couple of hours later. There it was sitting on a fence post as I was driving past. I drove down the road a ways, stopped and did my best ninja imitation trying to stay behind cover until I could get close enough for a shot. As soon as I thought I was close enough, I stepped out and started firing. He only sat still for about 10 seconds but it was long enough to get a few shots. What a cool looking bird!!
Here are a few of the shots:
Perched

In Flight 1
In Flight 2
In Flight 3

Thanks,
Jason Penney

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back