• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Abandoned baby morning doves (1 Viewer)

Birdgal123456

Hi! We had a mama morning dove make a nest on our back porch and we thought the babies flew away. They actually are under our chairs! We’re not sure if mama is coming back or not… we haven’t seen her and they are in the same spot. I can figure out how to put the picture on here. Any advice— please!!!!!

Welcome to Birdforum.

If you can stay away from your porch, it is possible that the parent will come back.

HI Birdgal and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

We have some general guidelines here for the care of injured and baby birds.

However, it sounds like the young have fledged now but they still need the adults to feed them for a few days until their wings are strong enough for them to fly. Try to leave the area quiet and free from cats if possible.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Hi there and a warm welcome to you . (y)
We're glad you found us and please join in wherever you like ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back