• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Advice appreciated... stopping in Zurich for one day (1 Viewer)

Sleiman

Trinidad & Tobago
Hello. I have almost one day to spend around Zurich, or rent a car and go to Lac Neuchâtel. Should I do that? It'll be a Monday and the visitor centre at BirdLife-Naturzentrum La Sauge will be closed it seems. But from what I can see, there's the Fanel to explore, right? That area seems to have the most bird species reported on eBird. I'm happy to see any bird actually as I've never before birded in Europe. Anyway, any advice is much appreciated. Thank you!

Happy to see anything. Like I said, I've never birded in Europe before so any of the common birds will probably be a lifer for me (except those found in North America). I'll be taking photos too, so I'd love it if the place makes it good to take bird photos (for example, if they are not all at the top of the very high trees)

Ah, yeah didn't read your first post careful enough.

Honestly, wouldn't bother traveling too far then. Any of the eBird hotspots around Zurich should be fine. For sure, the various lake areas generally give better photo opportunities than the forests. There's also some places really close to the airport which would work (assuming you are flying). Public transport is pretty decent around Zurich, so you can get a lot of places easily: pick and choose :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back