• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Advice on Habicht please. (1 Viewer)

For me, one Habicht will do! :) I like higher magnification, so 7x42 is not a contender. Small afov and just 7 time magnification doesn't appeal me at all. Exit pupil of more 5mm or more is nice. Too bad there is no Habicht 10x50...
8x30 would be nice as well, as I like compactness. I have quite long eyelashes and have read that that could be a problem with the 8x30 touching the glass. I have a nl pure already and I experience glare when the sun is setting and I am watching in the direction of the sun. The 8x30 is the worst regarding glare, than the 10x40 and the 7x42 doesn't suffer from it. The 7x42 is the better one for glasses wearers.

Well, I know the theory at last and have read a lot about Habichts. I have never looked through one yet! So stop reading fora, reviews and tests and just try them, for crying out loud :)
That was written to myself.

TeinierBos, post 101,
Try both the Habicht 7x42 and the Habicht 10x40. I have investigated both and find both very good, but I prefer the 7x42. You will find both in House of Outdoor in Maarssen, I was there yesterday to bring three new test reports and I saw both Habichts for sale.
Gijs van Ginkel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back