• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Agressive Warblers (1 Viewer)

Every winter here in Florida I have a flock or "charm" of American Goldfinches visit my feeders.
I love this time of year because I have a large variety of snowbirds visiting, including Yellow Rumped Warblers.
The "Myrtle" Yellow Rumped Warblers are extremely territorial this year!
They fly around my feeders, front and back yard and chase away my poor Goldfinches every time they land on a feeder.

I always have both of these birds visit very winter but this is the first time I've seen the Myrtles being so aggressive.
The Goldfinches typically stay until the beginning of May but their numbers are starting to dwindle because they can't get any seeds.

I'm assuming there is nothing I can do to stop the Myrtles but I'm curious if anyone else has noticed this behavior with Myrtles. I offer more than enough feeders with a huge variety of seeds so scarcity is not a problem for the birds.

Thanks in advance,

Michele in Florida

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back