• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Alberta Canada - Is this a House Wren (1 Viewer)

KhostAdenplusmore

Hi,
today I was out near Red Deer and watched this bird from a long distance. It was singing fro the very top of a tall spruce tree in a forested area in central Alberta, with my binoculars I never saw enough to be clear on an ID, I tried to take some some photos and have blown them up, and now I think this is a House Wren. But I have been seeing House Wrens around regularly since I arrived a week ago, and while I was watching this bird, I never even thought "wren", (rather I was perhaps stuck on "sparrow"). But looking at the photos, it does not seem to be any type of sparrow, and all I can think of is "House Wren" . I just wonder if I might be missing something?
Z

Attachments

• 20190611-_DSC2614.jpg
    20190611-_DSC2614.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 47
  • 20190611-_DSC2615.jpg
    20190611-_DSC2615.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 42
  • 20190611-_DSC2621.jpg
    20190611-_DSC2621.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 33
It has the right shape, although the tail seems a little wide. Without a view of the back it’s hard for me to determine, but based on the colors of face and chest, I don’t believe it is a house wren. Unfortunately, I don’t have an ID for you.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back