• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

An interesting read from Nikon (1 Viewer)

Mikbul

Mikbul
One interesting fact I did not know is that Nikon has a glass factory in China as well as Japan?

Last edited:
The Nikon Monarch ED Fieldscope is made MIC, and is well known for its optical excellence and high level of quality control. Shows that with the right specs and processes, MIC can be great!

In these parts the ED50 is known for snapping in half at the slightest provocation, hardly a ringing endorsement of MIC. That's the main reason I went for a made-in-Japan Opticron MM4 50 instead.

In these parts the ED50 is known for snapping in half at the slightest provocation, hardly a ringing endorsement of MIC. That's the main reason I went for a made-in-Japan Opticron MM4 50 instead.

Then again I've had an ED50 for well over 10yrs and it's still fine...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back