• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Angle Finder C For Canon (1 Viewer)

Nikon Kid

Love them Sula Bassana
Angle Finder C For Canon
Has anyone used this accessory with there 450d or 50d camera.
I am thinking it would be a asset in the hides ?

Angle Finder C For Canon
Has anyone used this accessory with there 450d or 50d camera.
I am thinking it would be a asset in the hides ?
Yes, I've used one on my 40D for trying to take astro pix. I've also got a Chinese Ebay copy - which was a lot cheaper and just as good quality.

Yes, I've used one on my 40D for trying to take astro pix. I've also got a Chinese Ebay copy - which was a lot cheaper and just as good quality.

that's good to hear - I want to get one but wasn't too keen on paying Canon prices for one perhaps I'll have a punt on one of the cheap copies.

Thanks for the information,

I noticed that the Canon one has the built-in dioptric adjustment, does any of the Chinese one have this.
Although both my 450d & 50d have dioptric adjustment on the viewfinder.

The difference in price is £40 to £127 delivered.

Thanks Frank, Whats the Model & name of the Chinese one so I can look it up.

I found a few different ones from Hong Kong on ebay.

Just to throw another into the mix, the Hoodman version has a diopter adjustment, 1x & 2.5x magnification switch and full 360 degree rotation. Think it comes with 4x adapters (2x for Canon & 2x for Nikon).

I did some reasearch into these recently and read a few user reviews and (from what I could see) the Hoodman and Canon angle finders were very similar in overall performance. The Hoodman being the cheaper its now the one I use (though I stress I did not have a chance to test a canon model angle finder). From what I have seen it works well - you just have to get the knack of looking down it and getting your eye in the right position - its also good not to put too much pressure on the angle finder with your head when using it

Just to throw another into the mix, the Hoodman version has a diopter adjustment, 1x & 2.5x magnification switch and full 360 degree rotation. Think it comes with 4x adapters (2x for Canon & 2x for Nikon).

They're only slightly cheaper than the Canon though, not quite the bargain that the unbranded ones on ebay are.

There are some cheapos on ebay at £34.99 (in the UK and post free).

I have no idea what they are like but have used the same seller recently for a camera remote control, the service was fine.

>>> Ebay: angle finder

Don't forget the older Angle finder 'B' which does'nt have the magnifier but is far better quality than the ebay jobs, I'm sure. It does rotate though and has the diopter adjustment.

Mine goes straight on my 40d and works perfect with no 'wobble' as some of the cheap ones do......I believe.

I just paid £26 for mine on ebay and it's virtually mint.

The 450 & 40D,are not listed as compatible cams for this product ie,they are not shown on the list ,which the seller has posted.

The 450 & 40D,are not listed as compatible cams for this product ie,they are not shown on the list ,which the seller has posted.

Not sure if you are reffering to my post Christine, but, if you are then the 'B' was made before digital so it will not be on any list I would imagine.

It is fully compatible with a 10, 20, 30, 40 and 50d. My mate has one too on his 1d MKII.

It does come with a screw-on adapter which seems to fit bnearly all Canon bodies. On it's own, without the adapter, it will screw into some older bodies.

Looking at what ebay has to offer I think I will stick to the same magnification as the Canon Angle finder C which is (1.25 or 2.5x).
I have sent off some emails regarding if they fit the 450d and 50d, but it seems that Canon are 22mm fit, and both my camera's viewfinder are the same .

I'd guess the the lists of compatible camera has been a round for a while and just needs to be updated, I'd be amazed if they didn't fit the newer models too.

The old Canon Anglefinder B which which I originally had with my FTb and A1 (using Adaptor S for square eyepiece cameras) fits perfectly on my 400D and 40D, and presumably all EOS cameras film and digital. This model uses a prism so that the image is viewed the correct way round. There was a much cheaper version, the A2 where the image was seen in reverse.

In the cheapies on e-bay is the image the correct way round?

In the cheapies on e-bay is the image the correct way round?

heres what it says in the listing
-------------------------------------------------------------------
The right angle view machine ( Angle Finder ) is a system accessory
dedicated to photograph, can used for turning over to clap the document
data, news photograph, providing the image top and bottom the or so all
having no the inverse right angle view, combining the Dioptric correction
range, convenient customer usage.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

what do you tihnk ?

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back