• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Another satellite tagged bird of prey disappears in the Monadhliath Mountains (RSPB) (2 Viewers)

BBC report here.

I note that the Scottish Gamekeepers' Association said that there is "no independent information" - meaning, presumably, that the RSPB isn't to be trusted - and the Scottish Moorland Group said that the RSPB "had not considered other reasons for the loss of the tags". I'm sure the RSPB has much greater experience of the behaviour of the tags and the birds that carry them countrywide than either of these Scottish Groups. In the circumstances the smokescreen they are attempting to raise is as good as an admission of guilt.

Given that the LACS have supported recent petitions to ban DGS, do we think the time in now for Sabs to shadow keepers on Scottish moorlands where bops are vaporising as they have shadowed hunts to prevent illegal activities?
They could of course also record evidence of alien abduction of said raptors if only to prove the myth spreaders correct that they're not being persecuted at all.

The responses of Scottish Gamekeepers' Association and the Scottish Moorland Group are a disgrace and make them little more than knowing accessories. As the RSPB pointed out in their statement "The denials and obfuscation from representatives of the land management sector, and their consistent failure to acknowledge and address this problem, is one of the main reasons why our bird of prey populations are struggling in the central and eastern Highlands".

Perhaps we're tagging the wrong group .....

Attachments

• keepers.png
    keepers.png
    141.5 KB · Views: 50
But perhaps that could actually be used in the gamekeeper's favour? He (she?) goes down to the pub with his/her mates, wearing tag. Meanwhile, a 'pal' goes out and commits the crime. "Who, me, guv? I was in the pub & can prove it, read me tag!"

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back