• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Another Three Fungi for Id Please (1 Viewer)

Davebutterflyman

1.Found this afternoon in mixed deciduous woodland with pine. Cap size no more than 3cm

2. Found on grassland with silver birch in the vicinity. Cap size 3cm

3. Also on grassland with beech and birch in the vicinity. Cap size approx 3cm

Apologies for the lack of gill photos but any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• DSCN5349.JPG
    DSCN5349.JPG
    306.8 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCN5212.JPG
    DSCN5212.JPG
    249.9 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCN5230.JPG
    DSCN5230.JPG
    168.1 KB · Views: 15
Hi Dave,

The first is a very beautiful shot of Ampulloclitocybe clavipes. The deeply funnel-shaped cap and the contrasting stem/gill colour are unmistakable

The second two are Inocybe species...The first reminds me of I.lanuginosa but these are basically impossible without some microscopy.

Cheers,
Nick

Many thanks for your kind comment and for your help Nick.

The Ampulloclitocybe clavipes was on the side of a forest track and i must have taken over a dozen photos of it, none of which i was happy with, so i decided to go back for it and try again. The issue was in focusing and the poor light made it tricky to capture so i laid the camera on the ground and used the articulating screen to achieve the desired angle, pressing the shutter only when the light was optimum and focusing was correct, helped by the camera being static with zero shake.

I would have got down flat on the ground but there is little chance these days of being able to get back up without making a spectacle of myself!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back