• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Attenborough:60 years in the Wild BBC2 15.45-16.45pm Wed 7/10/2015 (1 Viewer)

Peewit

Once a bird lover ... always a bird lover
Attenborough:60 years in the Wild BBC2 15.45-16.45pm 2/3 Tues 6/10/2015

Just noticed this is on today (and yesterday), and tomorrow afternoon on BBC2

This was first shown in 16 Nov 2012 - 3 part series

Mon BBC2 5/10/2015 - 15.45-16.45pm Part 1 of 3 - Life on Camera
Tues BBC2 6/10/2015 - 15.45-16.45pm Part 2 of 3 - Understanding the Natural World
Wed BBC2 7/10/2015 - 15.45 - 15.45pm Part 3 of 3 - Our Fragile Planet

Write up on page 100 of the Radio Times today (Tues)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p00zsqsz/attenborough-60-years-in-the-wild-1-life-on-camera

Last edited:
I enjoyed that Attenbrough At 90 programme last night. I missed the first half but saw the rest amazing.

While it was great to see his career celebrated, I found the programme to be quite disjointed. It had very obviously been heavily edited, and I felt they could have done more with Chris Packham - I mean really, getting him on just to compare fossils?

For me the most touching moment was the timelapse flower-bed, it was very well done.

Most of the topics covered have been covered elsewhere, so if you're already a big fan I doubt you would have learned anything new in this programme.

In that regard, I wonder if they could have made, separately, a different programme taking a dispassionate look at his legacy, treating critically what he's achieved, and what the future holds for wildlife filmmaking. For example, most large series now are about six episodes long, could we ever return to monumental 13-part series like Life on Earth? Does the BBC have the guts or the ambition to commission such a work today?

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back