• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Background noise (1 Viewer)

I like your system!!! I have to test mine to the limit :)

The plug you have for the smarthphone.... I am going to copy it but with an 90º angled plug and a silicone tube so it will be more resistant to shocks.

I will check automation Macrodroid and Tasker, thanks :)

Silicone is a cute, for sure!

Mine are placed in two short (3cm each) PU-tubes of two different diameters.

The bigger one's hole is drilled exactly to the AOM5024 diameter. So I can press it in and it's absolutely tight.

The smaller one fits exactly inside the bigger tube's other end. It's inner diameter is 6mm, and I pressed a 3,5mm TRRS-jack (wich is also exactly 6mm in diameter) inside after soldering the cables.

After mointing the PU-tubes I wrapped camouflage around. That's it.

One problem with TRRS-jacks for mics is, that you will disconnect the internal speaker, as soon as you plug the mic in.

To solve that, you habe to bridge the speaker's contacts inside the microphone's TRRS-jack

The bigger one's hole is drilled exactly to the AOM5024 diameter. So I can press it in and it's absolutely tight.
I have some mics in aluminium tubes (10mm diameter inside - 12mm outside). Using some of then I have found strange lines in the spectrogram, not always, it took me some time to discover that it was because of the pressure I put on the mics, they are very sensitive.

If it is very tight it can cause strange lines, in case you find any, you know why it can be ;-)

All my future mics will be encapsulated with no pressure around it and with electrically non-conductive material. Silicone is one option, plastic tube is another one, and cable gland PG13.5 another :)

I want to make a diy parabolic with tascam dr05x and 2 aom 5024 mic. Do i need battery pack between recorder and mics or can i connect mics straight in to my recorder.
Gerry

I want to make a diy parabolic with tascam dr05x and 2 aom 5024 mic. Do i need battery pack between recorder and mics or can i connect mics straight in to my recorder.
Gerry

I have done a quick test with an Olympus LSP1 and works well (top = 2 mics / Bottom = 1 mic)

Attachments

• mics.jpg
    mics.jpg
    401.7 KB · Views: 8
  • mics.wav
    2.8 MB
Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back