• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Battery options for Sony RX10-IV? (1 Viewer)

Western Tanager

I bought some Kastar batteries for my camera but some them seem to not hold a charge very well.

Are there other better battery options besides the Sony original which is quite expensive?

I've been using Watson and Green Extreme replacements batteries for a couple of years with no issues. I also tried Wasabi batteries, but the two I had swelled up. None of the replacement batteries have held a charge as long as the OEM batteries.

I bought some Kastar batteries for my camera but some them seem to not hold a charge very well.

Are there other better battery options besides the Sony original which is quite expensive?
I have several brands, but tend to use the same ones. So I have no true idea about which are better or worse. Patona has held its charge rather well. Duracell is probably the one that holds its charge best. But the camera is a power "gulper". So I tend to take along spares all the time. Original ones are not that much better, if at all. I think they may have been at the beginning. One of my two Sonys is definitely better than the other one, though I bought them together. I have one other one that seems not to have a brand name. It only says Li-Ion BATTERY. It has 1500mAh instead of the customary 1020 to 1030.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back