• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bean Goose (Tundra or Taiga?), Gyeonggido, South Korea, 5/8/21 (1 Viewer)

sandwich311

Hi,

I saw this Bean Goose with 2 others recently unusually in the middle of summer. They usually winter in South Korea. I can't tell the difference between Taiga and Tundra. From looking at descriptions and pictures I am leaning towards Tundra but wondered if anyone could help me further?

Thanks, Rob

Attachments

• Bean Goose.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 64
Thanks for your reply. It is at a local lake/reservoir which is a hotspot for wild birds. I regularly go here and it was the first time I had seen them here. There have been reports of other been geese in the province in wetlands and rice fields.
Do you know which bean goose it is?

Living in one of the wintering-area for Bean and WF Geese for some years now, I have seen a few Geese, that were quite/extremly tame and approachable. Damaged feathers and an obvious sick feeling made them not good for pictures (I sometimes tried it anyway, when in an public area with other people close by, as you know, I am fearless when it comes to bad photography). I am assuming, that they were injured birds (shooted?) or suffered from illness.

This might well be the reason for these bird, too

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back