• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Behavioural Ecology of Western Palearctic Falcons (1 Viewer)

leolanner

Dear friends,

I am looking for papers, notes, thesis etc. to include in the bibliography of the new forthcoming book "Behavioural Ecology of Western Palearctic Falcons".

Many thanks for your help,

Giovanni Leonardi ([email protected]).

Attachments

• 3471_999391293455077_8996049051028724956_n.jpg
    3471_999391293455077_8996049051028724956_n.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 138
Seems a funny way round of doing it. Surely the book should grow out of the papers, not just have them tagged on as an afterthought or to bump up the length of the bibliography? I assume the question is being asked early enough to ensure the conclusions of the papers can be incorporated into the narrative of the book.....?

John

Hi John,

Thanks for your message. I have already collected more than 2,000 papers for the bibliography of this book. Nevertheless, there are several interesting notes in the literature (often written in languages other than English) more or less difficult to obtain. According to my previous experience for the book "The Lanner falcon" these widespread short notes greatly complete the set of information and, in turn, the final draft.

Gio

Hi John,

Thanks for your message. I have already collected more than 2,000 papers for the bibliography of this book. Nevertheless, there are several interesting notes in the literature (often written in languages other than English) more or less difficult to obtain. According to my previous experience for the book "The Lanner falcon" these widespread short notes greatly complete the set of information and, in turn, the final draft.

Gio

Thank you Gio.

I knew there had to be a rational explanation. I hope your hard work is greeted appreciatively by the behavioural ecology community.

Cheers

John

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back