• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird ID from audio - Tunstall, Kent - 28/08/23 (1 Viewer)

KC Wadham

United Kingdom
Hey!

I’m new here & wondered if I could get some help identifying a bird.

We went for a walk this morning around Tunstall, Sittingbourne & heard this bird, chirping away quite close to us along the path. It’s enclosed with trees, farmers fields one side & orchards the other.

Of course when I recorded it, it started to go quiet! There’s two chirps it makes in the video but the original is too big to upload, so I’ve cropped the video to the clearest sound. I was hoping someone would have an idea.

Thanks for any help!!

KC

Attachments

• IMG_5447.mov
    11.5 MB
Hope you don't mind KC but I've converted your file to an mp3 and increased the volume to see if that helps with ID - though Little Owl has already been suggested.

Attachments

• 1474275-2452aa6870824ddd5f849c063cffebd0.mp3
    88.7 KB
Hello.

When my youngest was at Cubs, a couple of years ago now, at the Tunstall village hall I had a Little Owl around the old orchards/ infants school.

I tend bird around the Rodmersham/ Cromer Wood area along with Milton Crek CP.

Regards

Hello.

When my youngest was at Cubs, a couple of years ago now, at the Tunstall village hall I had a Little Owl around the old orchards/ infants school.

I tend bird around the Rodmersham/ Cromer Wood area along with Milton Crek CP.

Regards
Hi Stuart!

That’s so cool!
Having to drive around the area myself in the early mornings, I’ve seen an owl on a couple of occasions and due to its size, I’ve assumed they’re Little Owls. It’s interesting that they’ve been suggested a couple times on this thread too.

I do enjoy a wander round Rodmersham / Cromers Wood so will definitely keep a look out in those locations too.

Thank you for your reply!!😊

Users who are viewing this thread

Back