• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird producing strange noise in St Louis' evenings/nights (2 Viewers)

jeremias

United States
Hello,
Does anybody know what bird can be doing this sounds? This bird shows up flying and screaming after sunsets during spring/summer seasons, here in St Louis. It makes its screams while flying high, in ~circles, >10 m above the 3 floor-building, and every now and then it makes a free fall of around 4-5 seconds, then suddenly turns before hitting the building and at that same moment, while it turns, it makes its noise which at that point sounds mixed with a very low tone sound. For almost 2 years I thought it was a dog responding to the bird!😅 I don't have a picture of it -it's hard because it's most of the times flying very high, and is around at night- but I share here some audio recordings.
Best,
Jere

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back