• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding France (1 Viewer)

tjbirdofprey

Dorset birder in Spain
Currently travelling through France on the way to Spain at the moment and just wondering if there is any birding places, reserves, etc that i can pop into along the way... We are in Niort tonight and are setting off along the A10 to Saintes and then up to Bordeaux tommorow. I think we are in Western France if that helpso:D

cheers, Taylor J

france birding

'fraid I don't know the country well enough, despite having driven through it to Spain my self a few times. Try Roy Croucher at Northen France Wildlife Tours though ([email protected]) as he's always happy to help and may be able to name a couple of main reserves even if it's not his area.

Not of much use if you're in western France but, if you're wrong (as you seem unsure!) and you're heading in the direction of Barcelona, the Camargue of course will be en route.

Where are you heading to in Spain? That may help people know where you might be, assuming you're driving from the UK that is.

all the best and good luck

Teich reserve in the bassin d'Arcachon (south of Bordeaux) will be worth a look. If you're heading further southwest, there are plenty of interesting sites such as Lac d'Hossegor, Hendaye, and the marshed around st Martin de seignanx (excuse my spelling).

see http://www.surfbirds.com/trip_report.php?id=1409

for further details. If you get into the Pyrenees there is an excellent migration watchpoint at col d'organbidexka.

I don't have any directions to any of these sites on me, I'm afraid......maybe someone else could help with that...

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back