• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding in Worcestershire (1 Viewer)

I've never been to Uffmoor and I'm thinking of going on Monday. Anyone able to give me some more detailed directions please?

Thanking you in advance.

Rob

I've never been to Uffmoor and I'm thinking of going on Monday. Anyone able to give me some more detailed directions please?

Thanking you in advance.

Rob

be careful if you go the car park is now closed due to vandalism and adult behaviour :t:

Attachments

• BjViXLxIEAAA14b.jpg
    BjViXLxIEAAA14b.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:

Thanking you in advance.

Rob

From the road near the car park take the main ride east to the far end of the wood and the bird favours the holly and birches at cS0.956.807. It can be very mobile and elusive at times. Best of luck if you go.

Brian

The bird showed well for around half an hour at the end of the ride feeding low in perimeter hedge either side of the ride. It also came out with a volley of calls at one point, interestingly the only time it was close to any other birds.

From the road near the car park take the main ride east to the far end of the wood and the bird favours the holly and birches at cS0.956.807. It can be very mobile and elusive at times. Best of luck if you go.

Brian

Attachments

• YBW-1.jpg
    YBW-1.jpg
    344 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Well, thanks for the help everyone. Got there at noon today. Met someone just getting into his car, he hadn't seen it but he had spoken to the last person to see it, about an hour and a half beforehand. Anyway I made my way down, with no mishaps or inappropriate behaviour witnessed to the end of the wood. Two other blokes there but no one had seen it. So I stood around and waited. For a long time there was no bird activity at all. Then, at 1pm, a Goldcrest appeared and the one chap said he was off and wished me luck. I stood where he had been then noticed more bird activity in a holly bush so moved to have a look. Saw a couple more Goldcrests and then another bird appeared that at first I thought 'goldcrest' but then looking at it it appeared slightly chunkier and different. Anyway there it was, my first Leaf Warbler. I then noticed that the other chap had also disappeared, so 'Johnny-come-lately' was the only one to succeed.

Cheers,

Rob

Nice one Rob and a great spp to get locally, you got better views than my 3 visits but the light is now better and the tracks are drier so it's another cycle back up this week at some stage........More 'Leaf Warblers' arriving i.e. Chiffchaffs which have been present for a week or so.

Laurie:t:

Nice one Rob.:t:

Glad you found it. I was quite amazed how many goldcrests there seemed to be around there when i managed to see it. :t:

Richard

Walton Hill

After a bracing walk at the top of Walton Hill it was a brilliant surprise to catch up with 4 Ring Ouzels (3 males & 1 female) this afternoon! They were West of Walton Hill Farm at the edge of the horse paddock at 15:35! After initially seeing 2 together further down the path 10 minutes earlier it was a brilliant surprise to see 4!

Other birds seen: Common Whitethroat, Chiffchaff, Willow Warbler, Linnet, Meadow Pipit and Song Thrush.

Attachments

• Ring Ouzels, Walton Hill 19.04.14.JPG
    Ring Ouzels, Walton Hill 19.04.14.JPG
    132.7 KB · Views: 82
  • Ring Ouzel, Walton Hill 19.04.14.JPG
    Ring Ouzel, Walton Hill 19.04.14.JPG
    153.4 KB · Views: 90
Brilliant to see them.....and soo many as well.
Not located any around my patch yet.
Keith

p.s. good snaps. ...

Thanks Keith!!

3 Ring Ouzels (2M & 1F) were present this morning from 11:40 in the same area with a Male Redstart.

2 Male Ring Ouzel still at Walton Hill in fields adjacent to the Horse Paddock, late yesterday evening.

Chris

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-04-22 at 09.55.39.png
    Screen Shot 2014-04-22 at 09.55.39.png
    264.7 KB · Views: 48
  • Screen Shot 2014-04-22 at 09.56.05.png
    Screen Shot 2014-04-22 at 09.56.05.png
    263.8 KB · Views: 60
Two male Ring Ouzel still on field by Walton Hill Farm this afternoon.

Attachments

• Ring Ouzel 14 apr 2as.jpg
    Ring Ouzel 14 apr 2as.jpg
    330.7 KB · Views: 45
  • Ring Ouzel 14 apr 11as.jpg
    Ring Ouzel 14 apr 11as.jpg
    392 KB · Views: 38
Well done on the Ring Ouzels, 3rd time unlucky for me!
Went around 10 this morning but no luck, visibility was zero in all honesty and got caught in a few miserable showers gave up after an hour.
Around 10 or so linnets near the gorse along with greenfinch, chaffinch and a single pied wag.

Had a productive walk around the Chaddesley Corbett area this afternoon, the area was full of bird song with the highlight being a distant calling Cuckoo! The other main highlight was seeing feeding between 2 Treecreepers!

Attachments

• P1170549 (Custom).JPG
    P1170549 (Custom).JPG
    128.2 KB · Views: 50
  • P1170551 (Custom).JPG
    P1170551 (Custom).JPG
    134.8 KB · Views: 56

Users who are viewing this thread

Back