• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding near Aigues Mortes / Camargue/ South east France /15 sept (1 Viewer)

yves0071

France
Hi,
Is there any recommendation for birding area near Aigues Mortes/Camargue.
I know Pont de Gau reserve but maybe there are other spots we could visit freely with flamengoes, ducks, and any other laguna's birds?
Thanks in advance and best regards
Yves

I think you shouldn't have any issues finding flamingos in Camargue/Aigues Mortes area, even without visiting Pont de Gau.

I would recommend a visit to the Réserve Naturelle du Scamandre. Birding the marshes on both sides of this bridge (43.619394, 4.259446) is also very good (terns, Purple Swamphen...).

On the other side of Camargue the Marais du Vigueirat reserve is also excellent for birding (43.535874, 4.752995).
This section of road between Salins de Giraud and Piémanson is very good too (terns, waders, gulls, flamingos...some rarities are also found there every year) : 43.369722, 4.804989.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back