• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding near Pokhara (1 Viewer)

chrisij

Two of us are going to Nepal at the end of November for 10 days.
We are hoping to do a day of birding around Pokhara near Phewa Thal lake. Then a 6-day circuit trek from Naya Pul to Ghorepani (&Poon Hill) and back via Ghandruk.

In addition to other books, I've been planning the trip using Carol Inskipp's A Birdwatcher's Guide to Nepal. It was published a while ago (1988), so I'm keen to know if the info for these areas is still generally OK. Specifically, is the forest on the other side of the lake (Phewa Thal; on the walk to the peace monument) still a good area to cover?

The book also talks of an Oct/Nov roost of migrant falcons (Amur, Lesser Kestrel and Hobby) in bamboo clumps near Everest Guest House. Is this still there?

I'd appreciate any info on the above or indeed any other relevant info.

Chris

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back