• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ushuaia birding help/advice (1 Viewer)

Dr_ADH

Hello. am about to embark on a last minute dream trip to Antarctica, literally booked 2 days ago so its a scramble now to get ready! I am in Ushuaia for 3 days prior and aiming to bird the whole time. Am trying to find other birders who might be there the same time on trips, but so far no luck. If anyone can offer any advice on birding sites around Ushuaia that would be great. I've never been near so most birds will be new. I will go to Tierra del Fuego park for species there, and also to the dump, but if anyone can share any info on specific areas/co-ords/trails to go in the park for instance that would be great. I am hoping to go to paso garibaldi to look for the seedsnipe, but on my own with no gen I realise it will be pretty impossible. I did contact a guide but the fee quoted is vast for want of a better word, henve my search for others. Muchas gracias for any help.

I wond4er if a repeat of this post into these parts of Birdforum might help you out:

Niels

You can go to TdF National Park and go after the Magellanic Woodpecker and other forest birds. Expect to pay an entrance fee.
Going after the Seedsnipe by your own without knowing the area, it's not a very good idea as there is some steep hiking involved.
If your cruise ship is just Antartica, visiting Isla Martillo might be worth, so you don't miss Blackish Cinclodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back