• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding Scotland, October 2006 (1 Viewer)

You missed the best B&B--- at Rattray Head, south of Fraserburgh--on the beach next to the Loch of Strathbeg---MAGIC

Thanks again for all your comments - Keep up with your patch reporting Kas, it's stuff like that that is the bedrock of inspiration for would be travellers! TWM don't know the area, but if a 'Grumpy Old Man' says it's 'the best B&B', it must be ;)

Hi deborah4

Pleased to hear you had a good trip, sorry I didn't get to meet you in Thurso, could have helped you with the transport, you obviously didn't have too much time to hang around. Public transport is quite a problem for birders in parts of Scotland, when there is a bus or train available it's usually at the wrong time or goes to the wrong place to be of any use. It looks as though you had a good time with the birds though, that's quite a list you've drawn up.

If you're ever up in the far north again make sure you make contact first, providing you have enough time that is, there's plenty to see in Caithness and north Sutherland.

nirofo.

Deborah4..the female Michael Palin..!

Excellent report and Im glad you enjoyed the company of us Celts."Haste ye back,bonnie lassie".

Contrary to the opinion of some anglos who think every Scot would chase you away (sorry if that sounds outdated), I too can confirm that Scotland is a beautiful birding area and the folk are by and large extremely welcoming to all.

A wonderful report, not sure I could keep spirits raised in times of poor weather but I admire your obvious spirit !

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back