• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Black headed Great Tit (1 Viewer)

Hi Dennis from Hampshire rural location close to river Test.
This morning I saw a totally black headed bird size and appearance of a large Great Tit.
I was intrigued by the post by Rosie in November as it was exactly as she discribed.
Do we have an identification for this bird?
My target is now to get a photo to post.
Came to garden where many other great Tits feed

Hi Dennis and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

Do try and get a picture of this interesting bird. If you could then post it in the ID forum they will do their best to help you; they just love puzzles in there.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Welcome to Birdforum from another Hampshire Hog! I am sure that you will find lots to interest you here and I hope you enjoy your visits.

There has been a population of Black-headed Great Tits in Surrey for a number of years, it may be one of these that's moved into your area.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back