• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Black-winged Kite Central France (1 Viewer)

Mike Beer

I took these photographs this afternoon in 18170 central France. The weather was horrible windy and lots of rain. The bird was a very long way away. Please confirm Black-winged Kite. I have seen it for a couple of days either in or around our garden.
Mike

Attachments

• PA200139.jpeg
    PA200139.jpeg
    500.7 KB · Views: 47
  • PA200073.jpeg
    12.1 MB · Views: 17
I understand your hesitation- in most bird guides- including the collins bird-guide second edition their range maps only include a small area of southern France however that its undoubtedly a black winged kite. I saw them for the first time during my latest trip to central France- had a pair only about a mile from my house. I knew that they were in my region because of e-bird- but my dad was extremely surprised. I believe the first pair to have bred in France happened in the 90's and have now made it as far as north western France.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back