• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Blue tits (1 Viewer)

We have recently put up a nest box for blue tits in our side garden. Each spring say early April, we jet wash our paving slabs and just water the borders thereafter. We don’t sit in this garden. Will this put the blue tits off? We have seen them going into the box over the last two weeks and this morning taking stuff in to build a next (very exciting). Any advice would be welcome. Thankyou.

Hi Margaret and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

Regarding your Blue Tit nest, I really am not sure, as it depends on the circumstances as to where the nest is exactly among other things. But it's always best to keep activity to a minimum in the area. It would probably be an idea to post in the Garden Birds forum for further advice.

Meanwhile I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about the birds you see when you're out and about.

Welcome to Birdforum! I am sure that you will find lots to interest you here and I hope you enjoy your visits.

Yes, jet washing will put the birds off if it takes a while to do it. It is quite a noisy job and human activity near the nest will disturb the birds.

Hi Margaret and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

Regarding your Blue Tit nest, I really am not sure, as it depends on the circumstances as to where the nest is exactly among other things. But it's always best to keep activity to a minimum in the area. It would probably be an idea to post in the Garden Birds forum for further advice.

Meanwhile I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about the birds you see when you're out and about.
Thankyou, but not sure how to post it on the garden birds forum, will have a look.

Welcome to Birdforum! I am sure that you will find lots to interest you here and I hope you enjoy your visits.

Yes, jet washing will put the birds off if it takes a while to do it. It is quite a noisy job and human activity near the nest will disturb the birds.
Thankyou, will put the jet washing off until they have fledged, best to be safe than sorry.

Thankyou, but not sure how to post it on the garden birds forum, will have a look.
Hi again Margaret. Hopefully you will find it as easy and straightforward as posting in this Say Hello forum, but if you have any difficulty please don't hesitate to ask.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back