• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Book/Binocular Recommendations? (1 Viewer)

gregc

Hello all,

Am new to the forums, I come seeking for advice regarding book recommendations for the area where my father owns a hotel in Andalucia, Spain. Ideally I would love to sell these books to the guests of the hotel as well as the birds in the are are magnificent and I nor my father have any knowledge of them.

Also I would like to stock a cheap pair of binoculars in the gift shop, I have looked on amazon and found a few 8x21 binoculars in the price range I am looking at (around £10).
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Patuoxun-Bi...TF8&qid=1459904519&sr=8-4&keywords=binoculars

Will these do, and are there better binoculars to be had for a cheaper/same price?

Thanks in advance!

I am from the US but for bins, if you want compact the nikon trail blazers but for full size eagle optics shrike 8x42.
For extra high quality, and an accordingly high price, try any version that suits you of the nikon monarchs.
In terms of field guides I only know north american ones but if you ever want one for north america I would suggest either the silly guide for whatever coast your on [East or west coast of north america] or the national geographic field guide to birds of north america. In terms of british/european books I would suggest amazon.com or the equipment reviews and shop right here in the forum [knowing it's based in the UK]

Hello all,

Am new to the forums, I come seeking for advice regarding book recommendations for the area where my father owns a hotel in Andalucia, Spain. Ideally I would love to sell these books to the guests of the hotel as well as the birds in the are are magnificent and I nor my father have any knowledge of them.

Also I would like to stock a cheap pair of binoculars in the gift shop, I have looked on amazon and found a few 8x21 binoculars in the price range I am looking at (around £10).
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Patuoxun-Bi...TF8&qid=1459904519&sr=8-4&keywords=binoculars

Will these do, and are there better binoculars to be had for a cheaper/same price?

Thanks in advance!

Better go in for full-sized porro prism binoculars; 8x40 or 7x35. These are very versatile sizes and would afford more lasting value for money. The reasonably priced ones that come to mind are 'Olympus' DPS I 8x40 & Pentax XCF 8x40. ( Just in case, the makes that I mentioned also have the smaller binoculars )
These are reasonably priced in India and hope same will be the case in your country.

All the best.

Regards,

Hari M

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back