• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Book recommendations (8 Viewers)

'Collins' is definitely number one but too heavy to lug around all day (buy from Amazon) so I use 'The New Birdwatcher's Pocket Guide to Britain and Europe' by P Hyman and R Hume (plastic cover, £3.99 from garden centres/National Trust) which is much handier and can fit into my back pocket. It's been well-used and is now pretty manky so I need to get a new one. It's one shortcoming is the lack of size measurements, but for £3.99 I'm nit-picking. I've just bought the massive 550 pp version of it - 'BIRD The ultimate illustrated guide to the birds of Britain and Europe' (retail £25.00) for £10 in a bookshop in York. I also use the 2-volume set of Birds of the Western Palearctic in times of trouble, but I find it can be a bit short on plumage illustrations.

I got the softcover version of the hayman hume new birdwatchers pocket guide off Amazon. Its an excellent lightweight guide.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back