• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

book recommendations (2 Viewers)

Hi Everyone,
Asked this in another thread and someone suggested I'd have more luck in this one. I was looking for recommendations for books on British birds, not a field guide but something more in-depth dealing with behaviour, habitat migration etc, also books on British bird eggs and nests. I'm not planning on looking for nests or eggs but would like to be able to I.D any I come across. I'm very new to Birding and have a thirst for expanding my knowledge about birds I might see.

thanks in advance

My advice if you find a nest or eggs is walk the other way sharpish, and I doubt you'll get anything more favourable from anyone else on here even if your intentions are pure.

Behaviour and migration are a different matter and I hope someone gives you some pointers about them.

John

My advice if you find a nest or eggs is walk the other way sharpish, and I doubt you'll get anything more favourable from anyone else on here even if your intentions are pure.

Behaviour and migration are a different matter and I hope someone gives you some pointers about them.

John
I would never disturb a nest to be honest I doubt I’ll ever see one it’s a purely academic interest.

Hi Everyone,
Asked this in another thread and someone suggested I'd have more luck in this one. I was looking for recommendations for books on British birds, not a field guide but something more in-depth dealing with behaviour, habitat migration etc, also books on British bird eggs and nests. I'm not planning on looking for nests or eggs but would like to be able to I.D any I come across. I'm very new to Birding and have a thirst for expanding my knowledge about birds I might see.

thanks in advance

If you're looking for books on British birds, I recommend checking out the following titles. "The Secret Lives of British Birds" by Collin Titchmarsh offers an interesting and in-depth study of bird behavior. In parallel, by the way, I am currently studying 1984 essays, using https://supremestudy.com/essay-examples/1984-essays/ for this. I develop in all directions. "Birds Britannica" by Garda and Moussio includes information on migration and habitat. "The Complete Book of British Birds" by Paul Sternin provides a description of the birds, their eggs and nests. For the novice ornithologist, these books will be a valuable resource for expanding knowledge and identifying species.
If you want even more depth in understanding British birds, I recommend checking out The Genius of Birds by Jennifer Ekwall. It explores the intelligence and cognitive abilities of birds to help you better understand their behavior. It is also worth checking out "The Private Life of Birds" by Mark Cohen, where the author talks about the life of birds in unusual aspects, revealing their survival strategies and social behavior.

Last edited:
If you want even more depth in understanding British birds, I recommend checking out The Genius of Birds by Jennifer Ekwall. It explores the intelligence and cognitive abilities of birds to help you better understand their behavior. It is also worth checking out "The Private Life of Birds" by Mark Cohen, where the author talks about the life of birds in unusual aspects, revealing their survival strategies and social behavior.
I think The Genius of Birds is by Jennifer Ackerman not Jennifer Ekwall and The Private Life of Birds is by Michael Bright not Mark Cohen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back