• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Book Search (1 Viewer)

Tom Dunne

Husband, Father, Birder
Folks,

I'm searching for a particular book on migration, but my brain has taken a vacation and I just can't recall the name or author. But, I do have one clue, which is: the author is an Asian woman (possibly Chinese). That's it.... I recall reading a review on the book and it was given high praise. I actually saw the book at Borders one day (did not buy it... idiot!), and have gone back but it's not there.

While I've opened the topic, please feel free to post your favorite(s) titles regarding migration.

My current favorite is Scott Weidensaul's "Living on the Wind". I hope my next current favorite is whatever the name/author of that other book is!

OT: As I've gotten older, I forget stuff more and more. That's why I call my wife "Sweetie", because sometimes I just can't remember her name.:eek!:

I have one of the Firefly encyclopedias, that has maps.

The National Geographic Reference Atlas (comp. Mel Baughman) has selected maps of migration from each bird group. The full page maps are quite well done.

"I'm searching for a particular book on migration, but my brain has taken a vacation and I just can't recall the name or author. But, I do have one clue, which is: the author is an Asian woman (possibly Chinese)."

Could your book be :-

Songbird Journeys

Author :- Miyoko Chu

Link to web site :-
http://www.songbirdjourneys.com/

Regards

Malky

Yes!!!

Thanks, Malky, for restoring my mind!

I will get a copy now before I forget again.

take care,
(uh, umm... damn! What's my name again?)

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back