• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My experience with Kowa Highlander Prominar (2 Viewers)

binomania

Good evening from Italy, with some delay I finished the English subtitles for my video about the Kowa Highlander. I have described my impressions after years of use, talking about the merits, shortcomings and the various observational areas in which I have used it. I hope you are willing to waste about 20 minutes. A warm greeting to all
Piergiovanni

Full article on binomania: LA MIA ESPERIENZA CON IL KOWA HIGHLANDER PROMINAR RIASSUNTA IN UN VIDEO

Greetings, Piergiovanni. Thank you for this. I've been waiting for a review by an expert of a recently made instrument of this model with comments on its optical quality compared with the current best alternatives.

Could you please clarify the following comments on chromatic aberration? Thanks!

Text after choosing the 'English' option at the top of the page:

In focus and in the center of the field, it is noticeable, a very slight green halo on the silhouettes of airliners or birds of prey and of the full moon when the image is not perfectly focused is practically non-existent. When the image is in focus, I've never been able to notice any chromatic residue in the center of the field.

Text after copying the Italian text and using Google Translate on it:

In focus and in the center of the field, a very slight green halo is practically non-existent on the silhouettes of airliners or birds of prey and of the full moon when the image is not perfectly focused. When the image is in focus, I have never been able to notice any chromatic residue in the center of the field.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back