• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Brabant Netherlands, big raptor... looks rare.... (1 Viewer)

Bertus

Netherlands
These are pics of 17 April 2021 in a kind of a nature reserve nearby. Quality so/so... It does not look to me like a Buzzard, nor like a Sparrowhawk or a Goshawk. The bill is very large, still a crow was not impressed and tried to scare it away as I see crows doing so on Buzzards. Could somebody confirm this was a White-tailed Eagle perhaps? I know they get spotted in the Netherlands, even here away from the sea, but not many. Thanks for advice...DSC00362 copy.JPGDSC00363 copy.JPGDSC00365 copy.JPGDSC00378 copy.JPG

Hello,
congratulations! Always an impressive bird to see!

White feathers to the breast (vaguely reminiscent of an ill bird with a poor state plumage), juvenile looking tail and whitish spots in the coverts should make this a 2cy bird imo.
But better wait for others to confirm or correct. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back