• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cancún. Mexico. Confirmation (1 Viewer)

testoduro

Last week. Can you confirm my identification of these 5 birds? Thank you!

Pic 1 , from left to right: a) Semipalmated Sandpiper b) Sanderling c) Short-Billed Dowitcher
Pic 2. Yellow Warbler
Pic. 3 Short- Billed Dowitcher (the one in the middle) No way to know the others flanking it.

Attachments

• Trío.jpg
    Trío.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 61
  • Reinita de manglar. Yellow warbler. Hotel Cancún.jpg
    Reinita de manglar. Yellow warbler. Hotel Cancún.jpg
    650 KB · Views: 57
  • Trío 2.jpg
    Trío 2.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 57
Last edited:
1. Hate to disagree with them all, but...
a) Looks surprisingly like piping plover which I guess would be rare - so presumably it's a bright-legged semipalmated plover with plumage unusually like a snowy plover?? Dunno.
b) Dunlin.
c) Stilt sandpiper. No, it must be a dowitcher at an odd angle.
2. Looks right.

Thanks, Butt!
Sorry, I have little knowledge of new world species, so I 'm likely to make bad blunders.

I enclose another pic of bird a) in pic.1 , which certainly looks too pale to be a Semipalmated Plover. A Piping Plover seems like a better bet.

Attachments

• Piping plover.jpg
    Piping plover.jpg
    470 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back