• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Canon or Nikon? (1 Viewer)

Sporter's on Astromart for sale.

Tero said:
This is all fine, guys, but my in the car bins are even cheaper, 20 dollar Barskas, porros. I have drieven with them in the trunk for 9 months and no loss in alignment. Inside the car I have some old 10x25 Bushnells, if I am too lazy to stop and go get the ones in the trunk.

Sporters: buy as many as you can afford. One for every car and every window of your house. Or cabin. One for guests. ;)

Car thefts: I had my wife's camera and tool bag stolen out of my Accord trunk while at a Wisconsin motel. I did not know she left it there. Thiefs are experts with Accords, Camrys.

There's a pair of 8x32 LNIB Nikon Sporters on Astromart for sale for $110.00. They sound like a deal to me. There pretty good glass I guess for the money. I had some Barskas porros once. They were just a little to fuzzy at the edge for me. Reminded me of a Nikon Action 7x35 I once had. Once your used to upper end glass it is hard to go down to the real low end stuff.

Dennis

Last edited:
Yes, the other option is to get good compacts and just carry them around in my work bag to the building, not leaving them in the car. But now I am used to 8x40. A bit heavy for the briefcase bag for all day and every day.

It will be kind of nice to have a knock around pair of binoculars that you don't have to worry about....

That's why I bought my Ultravids. They get knocked around, I drop them, the car runs over them... they break, I send them back and they fix or replace them, no questions asked. Ever.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back