• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Canon R1 Rumours on new R1 (2 Viewers)

It's not the specs that I worry about -- pretty sure those will be amazing.

It's rather the price at which it will be sold. I assume 6 or 7k?

Edit to add: in US $

That is hard to justify for an amateur like myself, but there's also the weight of the thing. I much prefer the ones without the built in vertical shutter grip to keep the weight down as what little photography I do these days usually involves walking, and those extra grams all add up!

I like the idea of the R1. I used a 1D body (1D II, 1DS II then went to the 5D series then to Nikon and now back to Canon) and still love it's ergonomics in both landscape and portrait mode. But I prefer smaller and lighter. With My R6 II I haven't added the battery grip. Also, if thr R1 competes with the new Sony A9 and replaces the 1DX III I expect that it's use case won't fit my needs (amateur, landscapes, occasional birds, animals). Not to mention the likely acquisition cost.

Anyone seen this from Jarred Polin, supposed to be "breaking news" that Canon have announce spec's on the R1 and Sony on the A1 2...just saying !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back