• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cassin's Kingbird (1 Viewer)

Marysan

I saw a Cassin's Kingbird at Lake Murray today, 10-05-02. It differs from the Western Kingbird in that the Western has some white feathers on the outer portion of the tail and the Cassin's does not. I'm going to try to attache a photo of each Kingbird in this thread. Don't know if that's possible but I'll find out. Photo of the Western Kingbird was taken on 09-25-02, also at Lake Murray, San Diego, CA, USA.

Attachments

• cassin\'s kingbird.jpg
    cassin\'s kingbird.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 321
OK. Only one attachement to a post. Now I know. Now here is the Western KIngbird.

Attachments

• westernkingbird.jpg
    westernkingbird.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 233
Kingbirds

Boy-o-boy! You had to find one of my many failed quests. Connecticut had a Western Kingbird around for quite awhile in the late 1990's. I searched many, many times for it but was not successful. Hope I get another chance, someday. Great photos.

Thanks, Dave. I hadn't seen any postings from you for awhile and I wondered if you were OK. Good to hear from you.

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back