• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Celestron PRO binoculars (1 Viewer)

BinoBoy

Does anyone remember Celestron PRO porro prism binoculars?

Were they top quality like the Ultima's or entry level? Apparently they made an 8x30 with an 8.5 deg FOV. Any idea how much eye relief?

Mark,

Couldn't find anything on Google so I hit cloudy nights. Only two passing references to them. One was a mistake on the poster's part as he thought he was referring to the Pros but it was actually the Ultimas.

In other post a poster was comparing the Pros to a Barska model (both higher power) and found the two to be similar if that tells you anything. ;)

Mark
I think the Celestron Pro's were the forerunners of the Ultima DX series as they were made in 8x56, 9x63 & 10x50 - same as the Ultima DX, but I don't know if the Pro had an 8x30 or 8x32 model like the DX series. I think the Pro's were from the early 90's with rubber eyecups, FMC, Bak-4 prisms.
Tom

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back