• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cheshire And Wirral Birding: Hills, Lowland and Coast (8 Viewers)

Today – Buff-bellied Pipit at Burton Marsh; Great White Egret, esc Red-breasted Goose and 2 hybrid Ruddy Shelducks at Hale;

CB

Have you heard the RB Goose is definitely escaped? I know that this has to be assumed but there's a possibility its wild however slim, as far as I know.

Have you heard the RB Goose is definitely escaped? I know that this has to be assumed but there's a possibility its wild however slim, as far as I know.

From what I understand, via another forum, the ring highly suggests an escapee, especially since the colour ring doesn't appear to be used by any European ringing program. The bird doesn't have a metal ring which also suggests fence-jumping!

CB

From what I understand, via another forum, the ring highly suggests an escapee, especially since tthat's olour ring doesn't appear to be used by any European ringing program. The bird doesn't have a metal ring which also suggests fence-jumping!

CB[/QUOTEI

Ah ok ta, I thought it had a single metal ring on it's right leg. Which was the same as the Lancashire RBG back in early jan. If that had of been the case seen as this one turned up shortly after that one disappeared coupled with some of its behavior during the recent high tides, well I was starting to wonder. Cheers for sharing your info anyway.

Ah ok ta, I thought it had a single metal ring on it's right leg. Which was the same as the Lancashire RBG back in early jan. If that had of been the case seen as this one turned up shortly after that one disappeared coupled with some of its behavior during the recent high tides, well I was starting to wonder. Cheers for sharing your info anyway.

Its not the bird that lingered in the Chelford area last year either. That bird was unringed.

CB

Feb 15th - Buff-bellied Pipit at Burton; Caspian Gull at Richmond Bank; Snow Bunting at Red Rocks; Spotted Redshank and 17 Purple Sandpipers at New Brighton ML; c10 Crossbills at Macclesfield Forest; 12,000 Starlings at Woolston Eyes;

Feb 16th - 3 Great White Egrets, Hen Harrier and 2 Guillemots at Frodsham; Great White Egret and Little Stint at Hale; Spotted Redshank at New Brighton ML; 2 Mediterranean Gulls at Leasowe;

CB

Feb 17th - Great White Egret at Ince Marshes; Great Northern Diver, 14 Guillemots and Little Gull at Hilbre; Little Egret at Budworth Mere;

Feb 18th - Great White Egret at Pickering's Pasture; Little Egret at Budworth Mere;

CB

Yesterday - Glaucous Gull and 3 Iceland Gulls at Richmond Bank; Bittern at Budworth Mere; 2 Hen Harriers at Parkgate; 7,000 Common Scoters at Hilbre also 500 at Meols;

CB

The last few times I've been gull watching I've seen a few pale herring gull types. Some of these have been reported as glaucous x herring hybrids. I wondered if there has been an increase in these along with the influx of glaucs? I photographed a pale looking bird at Richmond Bank on Saturday that I thought might be a hybrid?

Attachments

• 14-02-15RichmondBank 006.jpg
    14-02-15RichmondBank 006.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 72
I luckily live right near Woolston Eyes & today's starling performance was brilliant! I could hear the whoosh from the top path in between the weir & the canal. Moore nature reserve had some nice yellowhammers also today!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back