• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

common birds that light your candle (1 Viewer)

Kingfishers are regular on 'my' little stretch of river and I'll never tire of watching them dart up and down.

Other common faves include the Buzzards which seem to be all over Warwickshire these days, the Green Woodpeckers (that fabulous call and splash of yellow as they dart away from you), Jays (how can anything that noisy and colourful manage to be so secretive as well?) and Bullfinches (is there any finer plumage than a male Bullfinch?).

Any of these (plus loads more, many mentioned already) can light up any patch walk.

For me, the Robin. He is always in the garden eyeing me with his bright black eye. He is the only bird in my garden who sings all the year round, wakes me early in the morning and sings into the night.

Of course down on the beach I would have to choose a different bird, now that is difficult, maybe Sanderlings, Turnstones, but I think I would go for Oystercatchers because I love their haunting cry as they fly low over the sea, a flash of black and white with their long red beaks. I can always be sure of seeing one when I'm down on the coast.

Nerine

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back