• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Confirm ID near Drakes Bay, Costa Rica (1 Viewer)

Mike Beer

Hello can I have a ID on this bird please, I only have the one picture I think it is a Prairie Warbler

Mike

Attachments

• P3120117.jpeg
    P3120117.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 46
It’s not a Prairie Mike, am head scratching on this, the nearest I can get is a Townsend’s Warbler but!…it’s not quite right, in as much as it’s super doesn’t join up with it’s neckband…at a loss at the moment.

Cheers

It’s not a Prairie Mike, am head scratching on this, the nearest I can get is a Townsend’s Warbler but!…it’s not quite right, in as much as it’s super doesn’t join up with it’s neckband…at a loss at the moment.

Cheers
Thank you for replying
Mike

Of course you’re in Costa Rica!…might be an endemic bird?
You’ll need more “hands”.😮

Cheers

I am not sure why Prairie would be excluded, it is the one fitting the pattern in the head the best, and most other things I can see are in agreement with this?
Niels

I guess the closest thing to an endemic warbler would be this one:
(Costa Rican Warbler)
Niels
Yeah, a newly split from Three-striped Warbler (Basileuterus tristriatus) ; there are many species endemic to Costa Rica / Panama highlands like this one. Drake is lowland though. For fun, THIS BIRD is indeed a Costa Rica / Panama endemic I recently took in Drake bay... but this is very far from a warbler :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back