• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Conquest HD 10x32 logo (1 Viewer)

Probably to do with the date of manufacture. I think they may have dropped that Z logo as my black SF doesn't show it, instead there is the name ZEISS in white lettering on the front hinge. Pity, I like it on my FLs but guess it is just a form of advertising freshness.

Hi,

Five or six years ago Zeiss changed their corporate identity policies and decided to only put one Zeiss logo on their products.

Hence some earlier HDs will have the blue Zeiss logo and the "Z" prism logo on the front of the hinge but later ones will only have the blue logo.

Gary

The stylized Z was classy and, IMO, iconic.

Using the blue badge as a replacement would be fine but using the script Zeiss looks cheesy.

Last edited:
Let's start a nice rumour: The ones with the Z are made in Japan, the ones without it are made in China :king:

I wonder how they distinguish the ones made in Germany 3:)

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back