• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Crested or Thekla Lark. Guadalajara. Central Spain (1 Viewer)

JLRamos

just a birder
Spain
Hi everyone

I'm not sure if this photograph is sufficient to identify if this lark is a crested or thekla.

The photograph was taken today in Guadalajara (Spain) in an area where both birds are common.

I see that the shape of the crest and the convex base of the beak could indicate Thekla, but the length of the beak seems too long and corresponds to Crested

What is your opinion?

Attachments

• Duda cogujada 90519.JPG
    Duda cogujada 90519.JPG
    354.5 KB · Views: 55
I agree with your suggestion that, in a photo of this low quality (no offence), I don't think it's appropriate even to start to look for the fine detail that is necessary to make an ID. It wouldn't be possible to trust (e.g.) bill-shape or even bill-length.

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back