• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Daisy Nook (1 Viewer)

I went to Daisy Nook C.P today which is about 20 minutes from my house on the bus. It is a small C.P with a canal and small lake but gets a surprisingly good variety of birds and every now and then a rarity will pop up. It's worth going if you can't travel far.
:t:
Today I saw:

Robin (1) Also heard a couple of others
Nuthatch (2) The second showing really well!
Blue Tit (10-15)
Dunnock (5) Possibility of duplicates.
Great Tit (15) Same as above.
Magpie (7-10)
Chaffinch (3) All ♂.
Collard Dove (5)
Black Headed Gull (30-40) All dipping in to the water and flying then landing on Lake.
Mallard (40-50) Mix of ♂ & ♀
Canada Geese (2) Both regular on the Lake and have both been ringed by the BTO.
Wood Pigeon (11) The last being the fattest Wood Pigeon I've ever seen!!!
Moorhen (7) Very timid and secretive, hiding in the reeds every time I saw them.
Coot (5) Absolute opposite of the Moorhens! Boisterous and noisy!
Hybrid of Farm Yard Duck and Greylag Goose. (1) Rather beautiful.
Farm Yard Duck (1) Pure white.
Long-Tailed Tit (2) Very odd to see such a small 'flock'.
And the bird of the day Goosander (4) 2♂ & 2♀. Saw them from across the lake. Quite entertaining as they began chasing eachother! :-O

So It was quite a good walk. :t:

Sean

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back