• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Dark Falcon ID - Corpus Christi, Tx. (2 Viewers)

rubonix

Yesterday, I birded by vehicle in a rural area southwest of town that I visit often. I usually see a large number of American Kestrels on power lines and the occasional Merlin as well. The last few times I've seen a bird on the wire that looks very dark brown, although it acts like the Kestrels I see in that it is shy and flies off before my vehicle gets close, so difficult to get decent pics. Although still distant yesterday, I was able to document this bird at a distance in the late afternoon. I see in a couple pics that it is banded, but I don't have enough detail to see any ID info. I would appreciate any comments on the bird you might have as it seems to have Kestrel aspects and Merlin as well.

Thx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back