• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hummingbird ID - Corpus Christi, Tx. (1 Viewer)

rubonix

Although our usual hummingbirds have all headed south, we had one show up today on one of our feeders, as well as on our Cape Coral Honeysuckle blooms. With the length of the primary close to size of tail feather length and curve of the bill, I'd guess Black-chinned Hummingbird, but would like any confirmation or feedback. Thx.

Attachments

• --Hummingbird ID_7807.jpg
    --Hummingbird ID_7807.jpg
    833.5 KB · Views: 20
  • --Hummingbird ID_7799.jpg
    --Hummingbird ID_7799.jpg
    590.2 KB · Views: 20
  • --Hummingbird ID_7764.jpg
    --Hummingbird ID_7764.jpg
    875.5 KB · Views: 19
  • --Hummingbird ID_7768.jpg
    --Hummingbird ID_7768.jpg
    932.1 KB · Views: 20
Dec 3 in Corpus? We are close to Waelder awaiting our first still. I put 4 fresh feeders out yesterday.

As for a guess on your sweetie, it is so hard to tell when they first show up. Juvi or female, black chinned or ruby? I am not sure, sorry. Thanks for your post. Merlin had none listed in Goliad for today. Not sure what to make of that. Well at least I know you have them in Corpus!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back