• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Darklegged Willow Warbler? (1 Viewer)

Darklegged Willow Warbler? Germany

Hi!

This Warbler i found in southern Germany last thursday. At first i thought Willow Warbler, but then, after looking at the picture, i wasn't too sure anymore. The top of the head and upper back are grey and with the black legs it doesn't fit in with Willow any more. Any suggestions?

Anders

Attachments

• _Q5F8743.jpg
    _Q5F8743.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
Nice looking bird.. I don't suppose that you have a photo that shows the bird a little more from behind. I'm leaning towards a Northern Chiffchaff.

Last edited:
Hi!

This Warbler i found in southern Germany last thursday. At first i thought Willow Warbler, but then, after looking at the picture, i wasn't too sure anymore. The top of the head and upper back are grey and with the black legs it doesn't fit in with Willow any more. Any suggestions?

Anders

Hi Storensten,
Looks like Siberian Chiffchaff fluvescents IMO.

Regards, John

Hello

It is a an acredula Willow Warbler.

Omar

I thought that too - though not at all sure. The PP looks like it may be a little longer than it seems - disappearing behind the UTC's. Its general colouration fits acredula WW and Sib Chiff but structure and head pattern fits WW better for me.

Last edited:
I thought that too - though not at all sure. The PP looks like it may be a little longer than it seems - disappearing behind the UTC's. Its general colouration fits acredula WW and Sib Chiff but structure and head pattern fits WW better for me.

Hello

It is a WW, 3 em. on wing with obvious long PP. and sup. pale centered ear cov. long and greenish free UTC. etc...

Omar

I can't see the part of the wing where the emargination would be -that is why I wanted to see the bird more from behind. It does look a little long winged,but I can't see the tertials.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back